The Power of a Name
July 22, 2018 | 11am PST
Juliet famously claimed that a "rose by any other name would smell as sweet"... but is that really true? Names have power, and this Telerumpus is all about exploring the process of Naming - something all entrepreneurs have to tackle!
July 22 Telerumpus | $27
A well-named product practically sells itself, while a poorly-named one sits on the virtual shelf gathering dust.
In this Telerumpus, we'll explore the value of a powerful name, the importance of clarity over cleverness (and when to be clever anyway), and - most importantly - how to come up with names that resonate with you + your Right People.
What We'll Cover:
- The benefits of coming up with a name you absolutely love
- Including how the Perfect Name makes writing sales copy a billion* times easier (*approximately, exact amounts may vary 😉
- The (many) reasons that "conventional" naming advice & techniques suck, and don't really help make naming easier (i.e. it's not you, it's them)
- How I went from "I suck at naming" to "this fucking rocks!"
- The exact process I use now, to come up with names that make me giggle with glee (AND that resonate with my Right People)
What you'll come away with:
- A solid technique for naming your Things
- Techniques for taking the Name and turning it into a sales page (zero markety grossness required)
- An understanding of what makes a name magnetic to your Right People (and how it helps to gently discourage people who would be a bad fit)
You'll also get a recording of the Telerumpus + an invite to a private forum space to ask any questions that come up for you after-the-fact. (Because as an introvert, I know how common it is to need to process & percolate for a bit before the genius questions come to the surface <3)
Who should join us:
THIS TELERUMPUS IS DESIGNED FOR PURPOSE-DRIVEN ENTREPRENEURS WHO:
- Struggle with naming their products / services / offers
- Want help figuring out how to come up with names that make them dance with glee, are magnetic to their Right People, and that DON'T rely on slimy "triggers" or click-baity tactics
- Love a good rumpus
- Aren't afraid to explore (at least a little bit) outside their comfort zones
- Don't mind a bit of swearing (I'm no sailor, but I also don't refrain from adding the occasional bit of verbal emphasis)
Joing the Rumpus!
We'll be going live* at 11 am (Pacific) on July 22, 2018. The transmission will last about 90 minutes (including Q&A time)
This month we'll be playing in Zoom (if you prefer phone over video, don't worry, you can call in and still get the full benefit)
* Can't make it live? No worries, you'll still get the recording + access to the private forum to ask any questions that come up after you've given it a listen.
Want to get notified when the next Telerumpus is happening? Sign up Below!