Evoke (to elicit or draw forth) + Vocation (a particular occupation, business, or profession; calling)
eVocation: a 12-week course of bite-size steps to draw forth one’s inner calling, and launch an e-business that you’ll love.
You’ve dreamed of following your heart… of being your own boss… of doing work that you love…
The promise is everywhere, it starts out seeming so easy - just open a Shopify account and you’re good to go, right?
But wait… what are you going to call your new business? And what will you sell? Who will you sell to? And how will you find them?
How much will you charge? Should you offer discounts, or coupons, or upsells? What about downsells? (What the hell is a downsell?!)
How will you market what you’re selling? Will you advertise? Rely on organic search? (Wait, what’s organic search again? Does that mean no bullshit - or only organic bullshit? And who certifies that it’s organic?!)
Should you have a blog? What about a newsletter?
Which social media channels should you be on? Should you be doing video? What about business licenses? Or taxes???
Seems like a lot to figure out, I know. And unfortunately, while there is a TON of information on how to start an online business, most of it gets really complicated, really quick.
Especially since every “online guru” and their uncle’s monkey has a different idea of the billion+one things you “have” to have if you want to be successful. And for every piece of advice you come across, you’ll find a dozen other sources saying the exact opposite.
It’s a confusing mess that’s led to more than one entrepreneurial hopeful giving up in a fit of tears.
That’s why I’m launching eVocation.
It’s 12 weeks of bite-size steps, delivered to your email, designed to take you from dreaming of a business to LAUNCHING your business… without tearing your hair out in frustration or crying from overwhelm.
We won’t cover every tiny thing you could *possibly* build into your business.
What we WILL cover are all the things you ACTUALLY NEED for a business built on a solid foundation.
No fluff. No frills. Just the essentials.
It’s not sexy, I’ll tell you that straight up. There’s no “6 figures in 6 minutes with 0 effort” guarantee here… it WILL take work, and it WON’T make you a millionaire overnight…
But while it may not be “easy money”, it will be simple, and what you get will be a sense of ease, clarity, confidence… and a brand new business doing work you love, for people you love working with, who will be happy to pay you for that work!
How is this different from every other “business building program” out there?
Unlike other programs, this course is less “paint by numbers” and more “guided meditation” - meaning that, while every student will get the same set of instructions, the experience and the outcome will be unique to each individual.
I don’t believe in “blueprints” - that’s how you get cookie cutter businesses that all look the same, so nobody stands out.
Rather, this program is designed to guide you through the essential steps of building your business, while ALSO developing your own sense of self and purpose.
So you end up with a business as unique as you are, designed to fill your heart AND your wallet.
This is for you if...
- You dream of having your own business, but aren’t sure where to start / are overwhelmed by everything you think you need to know
- You care deeply about making the world a better place AND you are driven to do something about it
- You don’t really “fit” into the typical 9-5 world - it isn’t satisfying, it doesn’t tend to work well with the way you work best, and “conforming” is something you can’t stand to do
- Money will never be the most important bottom line - you WANT to build a thriving business, but will never do it at the expense of your values / ethics
What you’ll get (tangible):
- 12-weeks of daily emails guiding you through the steps to launching an online business
- Step-by-step guidance in “bite-size” pieces
- Week 1: How to Make Sure You’ll LOVE Your New Biz
- Week 2: Identifying Your Thing (i.e. what will you be selling?)
- Week 3: Finding Your Audience (i.e. who will you be selling to?)
- Week 4: Uncovering Your Message
- Week 5: Building Your Brand
- Week 6: Marketing That Doesn’t Suck
- Week 7: Keeping Your Audience Close
- Week 8: Designing Your Online Home
- Week 9: Business Structure Basics
- Week 10: Moneychimes
- Week 11: Launching Your New Business
- Week 12: Growing Your New Business (i.e. “What’s next?!”)
What you’ll get (the intangible):
- In the steps you’re taking to build your business
- You’ll know what you’re building
- Why you’re building it
- Who you’re building it for
- And how to build it
- No need to second-guess yourself, worry about what you might be missing, or stress over the billion and one things that some internet guru said you “have” to do